Sunday, September 30, 2007

Equality

Alright, reading this history textbook has got me thinking. It says that Plato believed men and women should be equal. After I read that, I took a shower, and I probably do my most critical thinking in there, nighttime being the second.
So as the water showered down upon me, I mulled through my thoughts. Equality...hmm...What is it? The only time humans have experienced equality is through math. Math is definate. Humans aren't. We have minds that have emotions and such. I mean, we can't display equality because even we aren't equal! Does that make sense? Equality is all in your head. What might be equal to one person, isn't to another, and you can't please everyone. Also, we can't have equality because it isn't fair. Some people deserve or want more attention than others. Those who work hard to be someone and make something of their life deserve more respect than someone who cuts themself everyday. If two people are let's say...playing their cellos (bear with me k?), and one of them says, "I hate this thing," wouldn't you automatically favor the other? How can you display equality when you are biased? For Gosh's sake how could you? If God wanted equality, he would have made us all clones of each other. Even then, there will be groups of clones that will probably segregate themselves from others. The only time the world will be totally equal, is when we're ruled by dirty robots who will be programmed the concept of equal. Problem is...what exactly is the concept?

...Oh no I've gone cross-eyed...

~Wingedhamham~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok hamms no more showers for you EVER!

Emily Todd said...

I agree, u have some weird places that you think the best in.

Wingedhamham said...

How's that weird? I mean...when you're in the shower you have nothing to do but think...cuz showering is like a reflex now. And when you're lying in bed before falling asleep...what else can you do but think? IT'S COMPLETELY LOGICAL!

~Wingedhamham~

Um...don't mind the post time.

Emily Todd said...

Don't mind the post time? Don't mind it? What do you mean don't mind the post time? You were bloggin' at 11:38, hmmm? hmmmmm? I'm ashamed. JK, loves you hamham.

Myles Chandler said...

i am a left brain-er now, i love English

I am Hamham.

I am Hamham.
Winged, Hamham.