Monday, September 24, 2007

Hate Love Music

I love music, and I hate it just as much. It's such a mood controller it's crazy. You're sitting there quite neutral, when you play some happy music, and you feel like cleaning the house and just jumping! Then suddenly, something sad plays, and suddenly you're crying like there's no tomorrow...
Here is a great example:
I was in the car, feeling kind of sad already. I got over it, until the radio started playing Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" or "If I Lay Here," I donno what the actual name is. OMG. Play something sadder will you!? Nostalgy and who knows what else started mixing together. I had tears whelling up and I couldn't control it. Maybe it's different for me because I play an instrument? I mean, when I play, there are times when you can really feel it. I can listen to a symphony all in my head. It's just amazing. I can't describe how great of a feeling it is to truly have the music pulse through you. The pieces tell stories. You have pictures flowing with notes and it's beautiful.
Music is an inspiration. It's a depressant. It's too many things. I could list billions of adjectives for it but my vocabulary range is as lengthy as a toothpick. I just can't take it when those sad songs play and you just absolutely need a hug...
It's just insane what music can do to your emotions.

~Wingedhamham~

8 comments:

Emily Todd said...

I totally know wat u mean! There's this one song about two people who drink and are now burried beneath the willow tree, and it makes me cry whenever i hear it. I'll try to figure out what it is so I can tell u.

curbxstomp said...

It's not nostalgy. It's nostalgia.

cxs

Wingedhamham said...

Oh wow. Depressing music! Woo. Yeah Snow Patrol is playing right now and I really need a hug. My friend just left from ventrilo so...I...feel so empty... :(

WAAAH!

Curse you music!

~Wingedhamham~

Not only does music move your heart, music has a heart of its own.

curbxstomp said...

Anyway. Yeah, I get what you are saying. If I get up in a really crappy mood and start listening to the All American Rejects, do you know what I do?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT I DO?
I CLEAN THE FRIGGIN' HOUSE.
THE
WHOLE
THING.

CXS

Wingedhamham said...

LOL!
Wow.
How influential ink on paper played by wood can be!

~Wingedhamham~

Anonymous said...

hi hamms

Wingedhamham said...

lol hi deaths :P

Anonymous said...

hi hamms

I am Hamham.

I am Hamham.
Winged, Hamham.