Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Stereotypical Racism!

Let's see...oh yeah! It was yesterday that my good friend codename: C came up to her locker in the morning across from mine. Well, let's just say it went like this:
C: "Ah, man, I forgot my locker combination."
Me: "Wow. I remembered mine the first day."
C: "Well, that's 'cause you're Asian."
Me: "What's THAT supposed to mean!?"
C: "All Asians have good memory."
Me: "That's so not true. You're so racist (playfully)"
Don't get me wrong, we're friends. She always jokes around about my Asianosity.

Hmm. Let's just read that again. All Asians having good memory? HAH! This kind of got me thinking later that day...isn't racism based on stereotypes? I mean, she assumed all Asians play instruments, get great grades (<--Hah, GGG!), are computer freaks, and like anime/manga. I mean, it was based on a STEREOTYPE! Not ALL Asians are as smart as the world thinks they are. I know a couple that...fall...well...below average. It's always assumed based on the majority of your race! The one thing that I found hilarious was, that, indeed she's right! I mean, I am a smart kid (not so egotistical as I just sounded though), I play an instrument, I spend most of my anal life on the computer (like now) blogging and chatting...and RPG-ing, I LOVE Hamtaro and Midori no Hibi, all that jazz! Crazy. I mean, I may object to it, and some others may be offended, but in the end, to me, it was all truth. :)

This is a blog of MY personal opinion! I don't mean to offend ANYONE nor do I speak for all Asians. Seriously people, don't take this stuff personally... -_-

~Wingedhamham~

7 comments:

Emily Todd said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Ur an Asian freak! I had no idea u were smart and like RPG-ing! I'm never hanging out with u again, u instrument playing, anal, smart Asianostic, thingymabob!

Emily Todd said...

Hehehehehe! I made myself sound like a racist freak! I like the word freak! It's so relateable to soooooo many people (if you get my drift). Anyway, I think you know someone else who's a racist freak? A certain dragon perhaps?

Emily Todd said...

Oyes, Pierre Bouvier! Ahhhhhh! *sighs like silly overenthusiastic girl*

Wingedhamham said...

Pierre...*licks monitor* metaphorically speaking... O_o
Lol...hmm....
...
RIGHT! *wipes monitor* lol im jk again. i kid so much think it's affecting my brain cells.

curbxstomp said...

Why does the name Pierre Bouvier sound familiar? I do not think all Asians are smart. I honestly know nothing about them. It is really annoying when someone takes something personally. That just means that they don't you and they are really insecure.

Emily Todd said...

Curbxstomp,,, "that they don't you".... have you been leaving some words out of your comments lately,,,, hmmmm? Hmmmmmm?

Wingedhamham said...

I told you...it's History. It seems to affect everyone...EXCEPT OMEGAN OMG HE LOVES IT WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT KNOWLEDGE HUNGRY MAN!?

~Wingedhamham~

Sorry caps. I wanted to get a point across. Y_Y

I am Hamham.

I am Hamham.
Winged, Hamham.