Thursday, January 31, 2008

Crash

I guess it all began with the way I was raised. All my life my paretns told me what, how, and when to do things. My job was to bey without questin. It was "Do your hommework, practice your cello, do your chores, go to bed." Consequently, that was how I behaved, even in school. I was shy because no one told me I could talk. They left me to grow with my training wheels.
Ever since sophomore year started, it's been, "What college will you go to?" or "what do you want to major in?" and "What colleges will you visit?" etc. All these choices were plastered onto my face and I couldn't breathe. I still can't. I'm the person who can't say yes. It's always a maybe, or I-don't-know-what-do-you-think? For years I could never and still can't make a decision by myself without doubting it. The thing is: if you tell me to do it, it will get done. My training wheels were ripped from me at the beginning of high school and to this day I can barely crawl. I'm so lost and the world won't wait for me.
As you know, I'm applying for a special boarding school for math and science. If told to, I would attend without a doubt. Thing is, my parents tell me it's "my choice." For days I wondered, "Is it right to leave behind my friends, home, music, and now robotics team?" It took me two years to get comfortable in school again when we first moved here, and I don't see this as any different. Problem is, I'll be out of the school in two years this time.
Today, I was asking my dad whether we were moving for sure or not. He kept asking me why it mattered. I told him if we were moving for sure, I would go to the boarding school wihout a doubt. If we weren't moving, it'd be a maybe. I'm not so willing to give up my life here. My dad doesn't get what I'm feeling. He hears every word, then brushes it off and repeats his point. He told me I wasn't getting better in strings; I was getting worse for my level. I hate talking with my parents about life. Hell, it's awkward to talk about my period to my mom. My dad also said that leaving robotics wouldn't be bad because the boarding school will be much more advanced in that. See, it's not JUST that. Yes, I don't want to leave the programs, but it's also the people. I've had a war in my mind fighting over what to do. He said I was all talk. I set high goals but nothing happens. I couldn't stand listening to this again so I left and sat in my room. That's when he said it. He said, "My children are smart, but watch, they'll be disappointments."
Parents use reverse psychology often to motivate their kids, but honestly, it doesn't work for me and my brothers. As soon as my dad said that, I felt my eyes heat up. I grabbed clothes and ran into my bathroom and locked the door. I turned on the shower to block out my sobs. I was a disappointment. I was all talk. I am an ass-kissing loser who raises the bar to the point I can't reach it and just leave. I am a joke.
I cried until the frustration turned into anger and my heart ceased to bleed. He had cut me inside. It's alright. THis wasn't the only time I had let him down.

Just another scar. The truth always hurts.

~Wingedhamham~

Song of the moment: "Perfect" by Simple Plan
Listen to it. Understand it. Understand me.

p.s. Please don't leave "pity party" comments. This post was a channel for my sorrow, not an invitation for sorrys.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm,... I actually feel your pain and my heart hurts with yours.

1stlet me told you this: You can not disappoint anyone, they disappoint themselves with goal setting for other people.

You are his Child, however you are still your own person.

Now - you sit at a cross road, confused and heartbroken. What do you do?

Where do you go? Remember these choices affect you and you alone - this is your life.


Now allow me to flip things around a bit.

So from my understanding you have moved a lot - your 15 and have moved at least 3 times - with the chance of moving again?

That creates an unstable foundation in developing relationships. Your scared to get close to people or be independent of your parents because they have been the most stable presence in your life. Being so allow them to give you direction with little purpose other than to do things that set goals for them and not so much you.

You took a chance on your last move and reached out and made friends. You started your growing "out" process, which i can imagine was extremely hard.

So now your faced with losing all that afford and work in developing and maintaining friendships. (that matters)

But here you are in a place you really don't what to be. Scary.

And your choices are not easy at all - In fact they both suck because its the lesser of 2 evils.

No matter what you do or where you go - I will be there with you holding your hand in your heart.

But here is something you have to realize about yourself - You are stronger than you think. You are a survivor. You will survivor - its just at what cost? I have faith in you and your future.

So says your Lord...

Omegan.

PS I are a damn good Cello player.
If that hasn't your Dad I would Say "Fuck you" and then start to put my boot up his ass while making his play it saying something like " And you bet not miss a notes! Play it right damnit or my foot goes deeper!"

Wingedhamham said...

O_o *twitch*
That's the longest and most meaningful comment thus far.
You made me laugh on your P.S.
Thank you.
You're pretty right about the reaching out and stuff. I used to have a best friend before the first major move. She will barely talk to me now.
God I hate moving.

~Wingedhamham~

Donno what else I could say, or at least what I could fit into a comment.

Anonymous said...

Your mom's an ass kissing loser. OMG. You are so............... how many times do I need to do dot dot dot dot. I LOVE YOU AND THAT'S ALL THAT FUCKING COUNTS.
LOVE
kaeliecurbxstomp

Emily Todd said...

Well, it hurts me that you must experience that type of emotionally cutting pain. You of all people DO NOT deserve that type of abuse. You are an amazing person with the ability to make decisions, you just have to find yourself and stick to who you are. I know that is the one statement on this earth that may be the hardest to fulfill, but I think it is the way to go. I don't know exactly who I am yet, so I'm not one to talk. Anyway, I believe in you Hamms, and I hope you can be happy whether you move or not, and whether you go to the governor's school or not. I loves you Hamms, and you will be in my heart forever: PARA SIEMPRE! :) That's spanish for forever. K, take this and put it in your little hamster heart and use it for fuel when your padre/madre is emotionally abusing you. I will always love you Hamham, and you shall be mine and I shall call you Hamham, ow! Bad Hamham, bad! Jk, Nemo moment.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

I am Hamham.

I am Hamham.
Winged, Hamham.